Company: American University of Armenia (AUA)
Position: Computer Lab Assistant
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
1. Provide technical support and assistance to students, faculty and staff in a computer lab environment; analyze problems and implement solutions according to ICTS procedures, assure systems and operations stability, accessibility, and proper configuration of assigned technical systems and components,
2. Perform computer trouble-shooting to diagnose system problems; analyze hardware and software functionality; identify, locate, resolve and repair problems within scope of authority,
3. Monitor domain environment; resolve configuration and connectivity issues, and other security and access problems; check network for operating efficiency,
4. Maintain and update workstations, equipment, and peripherals; explore and test necessary software; install software upgrades and enhancements; use imaging software to deploy desktop computers,
5. Respond to the needs and inquiries of students, faculty and staff; explain IT issues, deploy solutions, and follows up with users to assure the stability and functionality of the users' systems,
6. Provide technical support to students and instructors, assist in the training of students, faculty, and staff on software applications usage,
7. Report technical problems which need to be addressed by improved policies or procedures,
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in a computer science).
- 1-2 years of experience in related areas.
- Good knowledge of IT hardware, software, operations and networks.
- In depth understanding of service management techniques.
- Practical level of technical expertise along with the ability to react rapidly and effectively change.
- Smart analytical skills to enable complex problems to be understood and resolved in timely manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective team working relationships.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies in a fast-paced changing environment.
How to apply
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement. In the CV please specify contact information of three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution