Position: Communications Content Coordinator, American University of Armenia (AUA)
Working Schedule: Full-time
Application deadline: April 8, 2016
This position is responsible for coordinating key communications functions for AUA departments, working closely with the Communications Director to develop and execute processes and projects in support of the Communications and Development departments and AUA as a whole.
The Communications Content Coordinator must thrive in a fast-paced environment and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary. This position is the primary contact between the Communications department and other departments, and must demonstrate superior interpersonal communication and written communication skills.
- Act as writer and editor for marketing and communications vehicles, both on and offline, including newsletter, appeals, invitations, signage, displays, posters and other collateral.
- Update the content for general and departmental brochures, media kit, key messages, and fact sheets as needed.
- Regularly update supporting materials for representatives, including fact sheets, presentations and other collateral.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and identify newsworthy news and stories that will enhance AUA's image.
- Develop new stories emphasizing the university’s main strengths and public messages to be delivred in Armenia and abroad
- Write, produce and edit marketing communications materials for internal departments as requested, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Interview internal departments to obtain editorial material on programmatic and operational news.
- Set up interviews with/for spokespeople and prepare talking points in line with AUA's mission and core values.
- Work with Director of Communications to establish and publish timelines for communications projects and an editorial calendar.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant field (Master’s degree would be desirable).
- At least 2 years of experience in journalism including editing, copywriting, and media relations.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills in both English and Armenian, plus the ability to write perfect journalistic prose in English (near native fluency) and Armenian (knowledge of Russian as well as other languages is a plus).
- Positive and effective communicative skills with both internal and external contacts, excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and act independently following through on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
How to apply: Applicants are requested to submit a CV and writing samples via e-mail: email@example.com by April 8, 2016.
Please mention the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Only short listed applicants will be notified and invited for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.