Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Communications Director
TITLE: Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Communications Director
START DATE: November 01, 2017
DURATION: Annual twelve-months contract with prolongation opportunity
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia (with the possibility of business trips both within Armenia and abroad)
Communications Director will define and guide the strategy for all types of media and communications to consistently articulate the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative mission.
The Director of Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Actively participate in the development of the Initiative strategy.
- Develop communications strategy and plan based on the overall Initiative strategy.
- Produce the communications budget in accordance with the approved communications plan and justify it within the Initiative’s budget limits.
- Find the best options to implement the annual communications plan based on the approved communications strategy and within the approved
- Bring together and lead the communications team to implement the annual communications plans in an optimal manner.
- Raise the competencies and expertise of the communications team; optimize communications processes.
- Constantly track and measure the efficiency of all applied instruments, look for new tools and practices.
- Along with the planned activities, conduct prompt elaboration of communications tactics, programs and campaigns related to changes of situation, emerging of new risks, etc.
- Synchronize communications scope with the activities of other directions, implying communications as a key asset for achieving the goals of the whole project and its parts.
- Develop briefs for Content & Creative Department and external agencies.
- Control agencies work.
- Manage all media contacts.
- Work closely with the fundraising team understanding the importance of donors engagement and recognition.
- Bring new knowledge, expertise, best practices and managerial solutions. Share knowledge with the team and be committed to the professional growth of the team members.
- Handle the arising issues timely and proactively and troubleshoot emerging problems.
- Higher education
- Required languages: English and Armenian. Additional language is a plus.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills in two or more languages (Armenian, English, French, German, Russian, Spanish).
- Stress-resistant and able to work under strong pressure in conditions of conflicting priorities, tasks and deadlines.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence".
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position “Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Communications Director“ in the subject line of your e-mail. IDeA Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
ABOUT IDeA FOUNDATION
IDeA (Initiatives for Development of Armenia) Charitable Foundation was established by the entrepreneurs and philanthropists Ruben Vardanyan and Veronika Zonabend. The Foundation focuses on programs which achieve tangible socioeconomic development and assist Armenia in transition from the survival model to the prosperity model. IDeA is committed to promoting social entrepreneurship in Armenia through investments in long-term, non-profit projects, as well as ensuring their sustainability.