Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Chief Operations Officer
TITLE: Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Chief Operations Officer
START DATE: October 15, 2017
DURATION: Annual twelve-months contract with prolongation opportunity
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia (with the possibility of business trips both within Armenia and abroad)
We are looking for a partner for the CEO and the Leadership of the Initiative, who will take full responsibility for the success of the project.
Responsible for the general operations of the organization and serving as a project manager for the team.
Internal Leadership of the Initiative
- Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against the goals of the organization.
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence for all staff.
- Bring new knowledge, expertise, best practices and managerial solutions. Share knowledge with the team and be committed to the professional growth of all team members.
- Develop and maintain the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative project planning system: retro-planning of the financial year and daily operations tasks management.
- Manage requests and maintain relationships with partner foundations –
- Reporting & Performance Measurement
- Lead the reporting process and prepare reports for steering boards and executive committees.
- Drive performance measures for the operations and projects implementation.
- Run budgeting and reporting process.
- Control corporate expenditures.
HR & Talent Development / Volunteers
- Together with the HR team, find and hire employees/volunteers, based on job descriptions, developed by functional directors of the Team.
- Provide contracting and onboarding of new employees/volunteers.
- Keep personnel records: vacations schedules, personal data, etc.
- Manage non-monetary employees’ compensation: mobile phone contracts, health insurance, etc.
- Develop and implement IT standards and solutions for the Team.
- Cooperate with IT team to maintain IT-systems operations.
- Supply employees with IT equipment and services.
- Coordinate the legal support of operations with lawyers.
- Keep the office running.
Risk Management and Security
- Drive risk management and security plans’ development and provide their implementation.
- University degree
- Professional background in Big Four or work experience as a CEO/COO of local offices of leading international companies
- Required languages: English, Russian and Armenian. Fluency at least in two languages.
- Stress-resistant and able to work under strong pressure in conditions of conflicting priorities, tasks and deadlines.
- Committed to constant professional development and life-long learning.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management.
- Strategic Vision and Agility - ability to think strategically, anticipate consequences and future trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Action oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Chief Operations Officer“ in the subject line of your e-mail. IDeA Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
ABOUT IDeA FOUNDATION
IDeA (Initiatives for Development of Armenia) Charitable Foundation was established by the entrepreneurs and philanthropists Ruben Vardanyan and Veronika Zonabend. The Foundation focuses on programs which achieve tangible socioeconomic development and assist Armenia in transition from the survival model to the prosperity model. IDeA is committed to promoting social entrepreneurship in Armenia through investments in long-term, non-profit projects, as well as ensuring their sustainability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 7, 2017