Armenia Country Director
TITLE: Armenia Country Director
TERM: Full time
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 20, 2017
START DATE/ TIME: January 1, 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION: Based in Yerevan, Armenia and reporting to DVV International Regional Director for Turkey and Caucasus and South-East Europe, the incumbent will be responsible for overall management of DVV International Office in Armenia.
• University Degree or higher in International Development, Management, Education, Public Administration/Policy or any other relevant field;
• At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible work experience in project/program and staff management;
• Sound knowledge and understanding of Adult Education/Lifelong Learning theory and practice as well as relevant country context in Armenia;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure; efficient task prioritization and time management skills;
• Ability to establish and maintain contacts with relevant stakeholders, experience of communicating with governmental, non-governmental and international organizations and other sector-related stakeholders;
• Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to travel extensively in Armenia and out of country;
• Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills in Armenian and English; good command in German and Russian is a plus;
• Proficient computer user, including MS package, internet and relevant social networks.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Institute for International Cooperation of German Adult Education Association (DVV International) operates in Armenia since 2002. Based in Yerevan, DVV International supports Adult Education at national, regional and local levels through policy dialogue, Adult Education advocacy and PR, as well as enhancing opportunities for vocational and civic education. Currently, it has active projects in Yerevan, Shirak and Syunik regions of Armenia. DVV’s core funding comes from the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), but it also implements civic education and conflict resolution/reconciliation projects with financial support from German Foreign Office.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.