IPD is very glad to announce its next International Winter Programs in Peacebuilding, Conflict Transformation, Medation, Security and Intercultural Dialogue, which is going to be held in Switzerland. Applicants could choose either 10 days Winter academy or 3 Month CAS-Research program in their filled application.
Its image as one of the most favourable places for traveling has made it more interesting to offer an exited and comprehensive program for our participants. Our experts, who are professionals in their fields, will contribute to this event, with many years of experience in peace and conflict studies.
Nowadays unfortunately several frozen or ongoing conflicts between or within states still exist. Conflicts are different and if we look to the world mankind, how they are facing many new challenges, coupled with new dangerous situations, i.e. terrorist acts, non-legal arming of conflict sides, re-determination of borders, establishing new countries in the world map, non-providing territorial integrity, trafficking of arms, drugs and human; disputes on the implementation of transnational energy projects, democratization and false elections, revolution and internal political conflicts, armed guerrilla movements, violation and discrimination by nationalists, world economic crisis, climate change and unsafely biodiversity etc. Unfortunately the list is long. Conflicts are related and an integral part of human beings, as conflicts cause violation of human rights.
Existing conflicts weaken every kind of cooperation between nations and states. Without mutual cooperation and understanding, the future prosperity of the region would remain only as a good dream. Taking into consideration of peaceful behaviour and engagements, we can make a decision on the strict belief, that opportunities for solving conflicts are feasible.
Because in every conflict situation and tension forms we consequently face the below mentioned common situations:
- Desperate situation and non-solving problems are not eternal.
- It is possible to make common decision and find common values, even the both conflict sides are thinking differently.
- If the hostility thinking becomes stronger, there are no winner and right side.
- Protracted conflicts on the same time endanger to the development and prosperity of conflict parties.
- Any peaceful mediation and negotiation actions are useful than nothing.
In our previous 3 Month CAS-Research Program we visited below Swiss Institutions with our Researchers
- CSS, Center for Security Studies - ETH Zurich in Zurich, Switzerland
- Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution in Basel, Switzerland
- UNHCR, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva, Switzerland
- ICRC, International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva, Switzerland
- IFRC, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent in Geneva, Switzerland
- Geneva Center for Security Policy in Geneva, Switzerland
- IPU, Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva, Switzerland
- World Trade Institute in Bern, Switzerland
- UN Global Compact, Global Compact Network Switzerland
- Basel Peace Office
- Meeting with Lecturer and Mediator at Hochschule Luzern
3 Month CAS-Research Program Important Dates
- - Arriving day: 17 February, 2017
- - Participating in 10 days Winter Academy: 17 - 26 February, 2017
- - Visit to 2-3 Swiss Institutions: 01 March - 05 May, 2017
- - Research Paper Writing Period: 26 February - 16 May, 2017
- - Departure day: 16 May, 2017
Main Goals of the Winter Programs
- The main goal of the 10 days Winter Academy is to strengthen the skills of the representatives from state institutions, business sector, INGOs/NGOs, education institutions, religious organisations, independent mediators and politicians through academic trainings in peacebuilding, mediation, conflict resolution, security and intercultural dialogue fields.
- The main goal of the 3 Month CAS-Research Program is to develop the skills of the researchers via academic trainings, reading materials, Supervisor guidance and closely acquaintance them with relevant Swiss state, public and private Institutions.
A broad range of the interested participants (Age: 19+) from all over the world countries such as mentioned in below can apply to the International Winter Academy or 3 Month CAS-Research Program:
- - Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions and Courts
- - Representatives of Business Institutions and Private Sector
- - Representatives of Religious Organizations and Political Parties
- - Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs
- - Representatives of Universities and Academic Staf
- - Representatives of Media Institution
- - Mediators and Peacebuilders
- - Researchers and Students
A) Winter Academy Participation Fee:
- Double Room (Room for 2 participants) for 10 Days Winter Academy: 1650EUR till the 01 November, 2016 or 1850EUR after the 01 November, 2016.
- Single Room (Room for 1 participant1) for 10 Days Winter Academy: 1850EUR till the 01 November, 2016 or 2000EUR after the 01 November, 2016.
- Participation fee without accommodation and dinner: 900EUR till the 01 November, 2016 or 1000EUR after the 01 November, 2016.
What is included in the participation fee during the 10 Days Winter Academy period?
- 3 times Meals per day
- 2 times Coffee-Break per day
- Course & Stationary Materials (File, notebook and pen)
- WiFi Free Internet Connection
- Welcome & Farewell Parties
- Program fee
B) 3 Month CAS-Research Program participation fee:
- Double Room (Room for 2 participants) for 90 Days Program: 6200EUR till the 01 November, 2016 or 6800EUR after the 01 November, 2016.
- Single Room (Room for 1 participant) for 90 Days Program: 6500EUR till the 01 November, 2016 or 7100EUR after the 01 November, 2016.
What is Included in the participation fee during the 3 Month CAS-Research Program Period?
- - Accommodation expenses during the 17 February - 16 May, 2017 period
- - All the participation expenses of 10 Days Winter Academy Program (Accommodation, meals, coffee-break and course fee)
- - Travel expenses to visit various 2-3 Swiss Institutions
- - Academic Supervisor fee to guide the research paper
- - WiFi Free Internet Connection
- - Program fee
What is not included in the participation fee?
Extra accommodation nights and meal expenses, international travel and travel related expenses (visa & insurance fee expenses) are not included in the participation fee. Participation fee is not cover the extra persons’ (family members, relatives, friends, colleagues etc.) accommodation and meal expenses.
Participants of the 3 Month CAS-Research Program are responsible the feeding and local travel expenses after the 10 Days Winter Academy.
IPD offer several type of scholarship support to reduce the participation fee amount for most needed potential participants from all over the world counties.
If you wish to get discounted participation fee amount, please write your request briefly via email before or during the application submission period.
Unfortunately IPD scholarship sources do not cover all the participation fee amount and international travel expenses and we only could offer you discounted fee amount.
Cancellation Rules & Dates of Participation
Please note that after submission of the application in any case of the participation cancellation till the 25 December, 2016 the charge will be 600€ (Plus bank transfer and exchange rates costs will be extra charge) will be deducted from the participation fee for the administrative charges.
Participation cancellation between 25 December, 2016 till the 15 February, 2017 the charge will be 1000€ (Plus bank transfer and exchange rates costs will be extra charge) for 10 Days Winter Academy or 2500€ for 3 Month CAS-Research Program (Plus bank transfer and exchange rates costs will be extra charge) from the paid participation fee.
Participation cancellation after 15 February, 2017 there will be no refund on paid participation fee.
Participation Procedure Step by Step
1. Submitting filled application in WORD format, CV + scanned passport page till the deadline
2. Participant will receive Invoice to start the payment of the requested participation fee amount
3. After receiving the participation fee, participant will receive the unconditional letter via email and if there is required visa application process IPD will send invitation letter by post and also to the relevant embassy by email or fax.
Requested below stated documents for participation have to be sent till the 15 November, 2016 to the email email@example.com. Please send your application in WORD format include your CV, Passport Page (Only photo page) and name your documents as “NAME” “SURNAME” “COUNTRY” “DOCUMENTS NAME”.
See the APPLICATION form and other neccessary documents in the official page.
We strongly advice to the participants to submit the filled application as soon as it`s possible, who needs visa to enter Switzerland and who needs more financial documentation in the work place for his/her participation.
Bank Account Information to Transfer the Participation Fee
Payment to CHF Account:
Bank Name: PostFinance AG
Bank Address: Mingerstrasse 20
3030 Bern, Switzerland
Account number: 25-100224-4
IBAN: CH62 0900 0000 2510 0224 4
SWIFT code: POFICHBEXXX
Payment to EUR Account:
Bank Name: PostFinance AG
Bank Address: Mingerstrasse 20
3030 Bern, Switzerland
Account number: 91-806816-2
IBAN: CH50 0900 0000 9180 6816 2
SWIFT code: POFICHBEXXX
Depending from the above mentioned participation fee payment,participants will stay in double or single rooms during the Winter Academy period in the 'Eckstein' Meeting and Education Centre. Centre located in Baar the region of Zug Kanton which is one of the beautiful place of Switzerland, which is close to the Zurich, Bern and Luzern Kantons.
Event place is very close to the Baar Main Train Station and if you arriving by plane to the Zurich Airport you can reach to the Baar Main Train Station by train directly from Zurich Main Train Station.
During the 29 August - 06 November, 2016 period the rented accommodation (Either in Hotel or Apartment) for 3 Month CAS-Research Program will be in Luzern Kanton.
Contact person for any questions:
Mr. Fakhrinur Huseynli
Institute for Peace & Dialogue, IPD
Eschenstrasse 4, 6020 Emmenbrücke, Luzern, Switzerland
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: