International Student Scholarships, Naresuan University
Young and enthusiastic learners are valuable resources to help develop academic and research advancements of higher education institutions around the globe, each of which is trying at its best to elevate international standing through strategic internationalization plans, shape better visibilities to attract more attention from prospective international students, and create inviting learning environments to assure that students’ campus life is as warm, secure, and safe as their homes.’
This coming Academic Year 2016, Naresuan University is pleased to announce that it offers 27 scholarships at postgraduate level for qualified students in any country of origin to study at the university as it is gearing towards becoming a research-based, innovative, and internationalised university. These candidates are also seen as research assistants who could play significant roles in driving research publications forward.
1. Be a bachelor degree or master degree holder
2. Must hold a minimum of English proficiency score from either TOEFL or IELTS as shown in the table below (unless indicated otherwise by your specific graduate program requirements)
English Proficiency Test Master Degree Doctoral Degree
Paper based TOEFL 470 500
Computer based TOEFL 150 173
Internet based TOEFL 50 61
IELTS 4.0 5.0
A selected candidate is entitled to receive the followings:
1. An international airfare ticket (economy class) from country of origin to Bangkok, Thailand and domestic transfer arrangement to Phitsanulok and a return international airfare ticket (economy class) upon graduation
2. Tuition fee and international student fee waivers throughout the length of the study
3. On-campus accommodation, excluding liability fee, monthly electricity bill, etc
4. Health Insurance: the student must apply for a one-month policy (August 2016 costing not more than 60 USD) from his/her home country, and the university will do the reimbursement upon his/her arrival. The original receipt is required for this process.
5. 6,000.-Bht of monthly allowance. Please prepare personal expenses for the first two months (August to September 2016) as monthly allowance is being processed and deposited to the opened bank account.
6. Thai Non-ED visa application and its renewal throughout the length of the study. The original receipt must be requested and is obligatory for the reimbursement.
7. 4,000.-Bht for study material per academic year
8. One-time thesis/dissertation proposal fee and thesis/dissertation defense fee
It is a requirement that a selected candidate sign a ‘Contract for Graduate Student Scholarship, Academic Year 2016’ with the university and be bound by its terms and legal obligations. This contract is to be sent to the applicant to review prior to the selection process.