International Postgraduate Scholarships, Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University is pleased to offer scholarships for international students starting a fulltime postgraduate course.
This application form can be used to apply for the International Development Scholarships and up to half fee School Scholarships.
Visit www.ntu.ac.uk/internationalscholarships to find out what scholarships are available and which courses are eligible.
How to apply
Complete this application form – make sure you fill in all sections.
Send your completed form to email@example.com before 4 pm GMT on the deadlines below.
For courses starting in September 2015 For courses starting in January 2016
Wednesday 25 February 2015 Wednesday 21 October 2015
Wednesday 29 April 2015 Wednesday 25 November 2015
Wednesday 24 June 2015 Wednesday 9 December 2015
We will contact you with our assessment decision within three weeks of the deadline.
To be eligible for consideration of an international scholarship, applicants must:
a) have been offered a place on an eligible full-time postgraduate course (excluding MBA, GDL, LPC, BPTC and exchange students), please check the list of eligible courses at www.ntu.ac.uk/internationalscholarships. Please Note: NTIC progression students are not eligible to apply for a scholarship. Please check our website for details of funding for NTIC students at www.ntu.ac.uk/ntic.
2. Students who are sponsored by their employers, government or a funding body (full / part) are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
3.Applicants are only able to apply to the international scholarship once per academic year per offer of a place on a qualifying course.
4. There are three scholarship application deadlines for International students starting a course: a) in September 2015. These are: 4 pm GMT 25 February 2015, 4 pm GMT 29 April 2015 and 4 pm 24 June 2015. b) in January 2016. These are: 4 pm GMT 21 October 2015, 4 pm GMT 25 November 2015 and 4 pm 9 December 2015.
5. If your application is received after one of the above deadlines it will be considered as submitted for the next deadline. Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
6. Scholarships of up to a maximum of half the tuition fee are available.
7. Scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction. If you are awarded a scholarship your tuition fee will be adjusted before enrolment.
8. If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from the University, the maximum amount awarded will not exceed more than half the tuition fee for the course.
9. The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to defer your entry to a different academic year or if you choose to transfer to a different course at the University.
10.Applicants will be informed of whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (with the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within three weeks of the application deadline dates.
11. The scholarship will only be awarded once an applicant accepts and meets the conditions of their offer, accepts their scholarship offer and is eligible to enrol on the postgraduate course. 12. Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information you provide on the application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your personal statement careful thought and preparation and you refer to the criteria provided. 13. The University’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final. 14. The University reserves the right to revoke the scholarship if you leave the University before completing the programme. 15. If your scholarship application is successful, you may be asked to appear in online and / or printed University marketing materials. This may involve providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote the University’s scholarship schemes and postgraduate courses.