Admission to the EVN Wine Academy’s Enology and Wine Business program is now open
The Program is offered jointly by EVN Wine Academy and Geisenheim University (Germany) and provides a professional specialization with intensive on-the-job training in winemaking and wine business.
Prospective Students can be
- Students who completed at least their first two years of bachelor studies, preferably in agricultural, economics, or technology curricula;
- Specialists from colleges related to wine industry or winemaking;
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree, including those with backgrounds unrelated to wine.
- Completed Application for Admission (Download here: Application for Admission, or pick up at the Admissions Office of EVN Wine Academy);
- Diplomas and transcripts from all universities attended (1 copy of each);
- A copy of passport or Nation ID Card;
- Two 3×4 photos;
- Copy of the student record book if the applicant is currently studying at a university (ստուգարքային գրքույկ).
- Submit the application package;
- Pass the admission interview.
The Admissions Committee reviews each application, and the selection process is carried out at each step.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2017, 06:00 p.m.
Submit the Application Package to the EVN Wine Academy Admissions Office by sending to the email or hand deliver to:
Silva Atoyan, Programs Manager, EVN Wine Academy
Address: 74 Teryan Street, 0009 Yerevan, Armenia
Phone: +37410 587 957 (ext. 32)
The Enology and Wine Business Certificate Program offered jointly by EVN Wine Academy and Geisenheim University (Germany) provides a professional specialization with intensive on-the-job training in winemaking and wine business.
This 18-month curriculum is taught in English and is interactive between the international instructors, students, and wine experts. National and international internships at wineries, study trips, and workshops are crucial aspects of this hands-on program. Classes are conducted four times a week in the evenings, from 6:30 p.m. until 09:15 p.m. The student internships last for 4 weeks within September-October period.
Students complete eleven modules and an internship to prepare for a professional career in wine industry. Upon graduation, students receive a certificate from EVN Wine Academy, Geisenheim University, and Armenian National Agrarian University.
– Introduction to Enology
– Wine Chemistry
– Wine Microbiology
– Wine Sensory Evaluation
– Wine Production
– Wine Business
– Winery Sanitation
– Winery Management
– Winery Equipment
– Wine Marketing and Tourism
– Industry Internship (4 weeks)
Tuition fee for the entire program is 3,500 USD.
For the cohort of 2017-2018 academic year applicants, the tuition fee is subsidized thanks to a generous support of EVN Wine Academy donors and is now 250,000 AMD for the entire program. There is a special support for up to six Syrian-Armenian applicants for whom the tuition fee is reduced to 150,000 AMD for the entire program.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.