Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability Natural Capital and Biodiversity Programme Internship
UNU-IAS research on natural capital and biodiversity promotes the sustainable use of biodiversity and ecosystems to secure their benefits for current and future generations. It develops knowledge in this area and contributes to scientific assessment, feeding directly into processes of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) and supporting implementation by UN Member States.
- Assist research and capacity development tasks on ecosystem services assessment, future scenarios and modelling, natural capital and wealth accounting
- Assist editorial work for the Sustainability Science journal hosted by UNU-IAS and published from Springer
- Assist organizing events associated with natural capital and biodiversity at UNU-IAS
Expected Outputs: Ensure a smooth implementation and organization of the above-mentioned research and activities.
Duration and Expenses
The intern is expected to work five days a week on a full-time basis (9:30–17:30) and the duration is three months with a maximum duration limited to six months.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship; UNU cannot provide financial assistance and cannot assist with travel/accommodation or visa arrangements (for non-Japanese nationals). Only short-listed candidates will be asked to participate in an interview.
To apply, please complete and submit the online application form located in the Related Files tab. Application materials should be emailed to the Internship Programme Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to attach:
- a brief résumé/CV in English
- a cover letter in both English and Japanese explaining why you are interested in being an intern
- Application Form of Internship Programme for the UNU (template)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: