The INSEAD Need-based Scholarship(s) category groups the applications for scholarships that will be granted to those who demonstrate and prove significant difficulty in raising sufficient finances for the INSEAD MBA Programme and may be limited in accessing loans. Priority will be given to candidates with a marked socio-economic disadvantage. To be considered for any one of these scholarships (listed below) only one application is required. Successful candidates will receive only one of these awards.
The awards are: IAF Diversity, INSEAD Alumni Association (IAA), MBA Class Reunions, Greek Friends of INSEAD, Financial Aid, the Gabel Family and the Bischoff Family, INSEAD Diversity, Ian Potter '93D and Family Endowed Asia, MBA '89D Endowed, Antonio Borges Endowed, Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed, Sam Akiwumi Endowed and the Russian Alumni Scholarships.
For some IAF Diversity scholarships the alumni will actively encourage those receiving an award to make their own contribution to the Alumni Fund in the future.
Candidates must demonstrate proven financial need and be able to provide evidence of their financial accounts. You may be asked to submit additional documentation during the application process. Preference will be given to candidates residing in emerging/developing countries and for those who will have limited access to loans.
- In approximately 400 words for all the questions that follow: (a) introduce yourself and include an account of your early years i.e. where you grew up and the primary and secondary schools you attended. How did you finance your secondary education? (b) briefly describe how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country/region after graduation and (c) Give the main reason why an INSEAD MBA is relevant to your future career development.
- In approximately 350 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as your budget for the year at INSEAD. How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship from INSEAD? Why INSEAD should consider you for a need based scholarship? What amount do you consider appropriate? Please do not forget to submit a number of supporting documents as required.
- Only if you would like to be considered for the IAF Special Profile scholarships, please answer the following question in no more than 400 words: Briefly describe an instance or aspect in your life to date that has made you stand out amongst your peers or that you consider exceptional in one way or another.
Amount of Award:
Average award is €13,000
Apply and submit essays on line (one application for all awards).
In addition, please forward supporting documents (no originals or legal certification required), irrespective of campus choice, to the MBA Financing Office.
Supporting documents have to be submitted by the following deadlines:
- December 17 Class:
by 26 April 2016
by 10 June 2016
by 10 August 2016
- July 18 Class:
by 15 November 2016
by 7 February 2017
by 20 March 2017
- December 18 Class:
by 15 May 2017
by 26 June 2017
by 7 August 2017
List of documents required:
1. Proof of salary (latest salary slip or a letter from your employer);
2. Bank statements for the last three months that will reflect your checking and savings accounts. On-line overview is accepted.
3.) If you have extenuating/exceptional circumstances in the past year (supporting dependents’ education, medical care, bankruptcy, etc.), provide relevant documentation.
Copies can be sent by e-mail:
fax: +65 67995499 or
1 Ayer Rajah Avenue
Your own translation into English is accepted.
For tracking decisions for any of these awards, please consult only the INSEAD Need-based scholarships.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
December 17 Class:
Applications Open: 4 April 2016
Deadline: 19 April 2016
Applications Open: 23 May 2016
Deadline: 6 June 2016
Applications Open: 18 July 2016
Deadline: 3 August 2016
July 2018 Class:
Applications Open: 24 October 2016
Deadline: 7 November 2016
Applications Open: 16 January 2017
Deadline: 31 January 2017
Applications Open: 27 February 2017
Deadline: 13 March 2017
December 18 Class:
Applications Open: 24 April 2017
Deadline: 8 May 2017
Applications Open: 5 June 2017
Deadline: 19 June 2017
Applications Open: 17 July 2017
Deadline: 31 July 2017
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: