The Excellence Cluster 264 Topoi „The Formation and Transformation of Space and Knowledge in Ancient Civilizations” offers at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin 1 doctoral fellowship for the winter term 2017/18, starting on November 1, 2017.
Receiving the fellowship is connected with the admission to the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS) of the Berliner Antike-Kolleg and participation in one of the graduate school’s five doctoral programs. Each program is based on a structured curriculum.
BerGSAS doctoral programs:
•Ancient Languages and Texts (ALT)
•Ancient Objects and Visual Studies (AOViS)
•Ancient Philosophy and History of Ancient Science(APhil/HistAS)
•Landscape Archaeology and Architecture (LAA)
•Languages and Cultures of the Silk Road (Silk Road)
We welcome applications from highly qualified graduates from any field of ancient studies, or from a closely related discipline. Candidates must hold an exemplary Master’s degree, or equivalent degree. Each doctoral fellowship will include a stipend of 1350 euros per month to be awarded for two years, with an option to extension for a third year upon positive evaluation towards the end of the second year. A chield allowance will be made available in accordance with DFG guidelines.
Candidates must send their application including the documents listed below and with the application quoting reference number HU-17-Topoi until September 24, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required application documents (1pdf, max. 10 MB):
- application form (to be downloaded from the website
- cover letter (2-3 pages, including the name of the BerGSAS doctoral program for which you are applying and including the name of the professor from the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin who you would like as supervisor of your dissertation project)
- curriculum vitae (CV, resume)
- dissertation project synopsis (8-10 pages)
- work plan and schedule
- copies of certificates of any academic degrees
- writing sample (15-20 pages)
- two letters of recommendation
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: