Open to: students of history, the social sciences and related fields
Venue: The European University Institute (EUI) in Florence (Italy)
Are you dissatisfied with the study of national history? Do you want to widen your historical horizons? If so the tenth EUI Summer School in Transnational and Comparative History is for you. It will take place in September 2015 in the historic Villa Schifanoia set in beautiful gardens overlooking Florence.
The Department of History and Civilization at the European University Institute is a major centre for the study of comparative and transnational European history and of European history in a global perspective. Its annual Summer School has established itself as an exciting and stimulating experience for postgraduate students. Whether you are interested in political, social, cultural, intellectual or economic history, it will give you a unique opportunity to broaden your research interests and methodological reflection.
Leading specialists from the European University Institute and other major universities will lead seminars on different aspects of comparative and transnational history, and provide feedback on your own research projects. All the activities are conducted in English.
You will also have the chance to meet EUI doctoral researchers, participate in the academic life of this centre of excellence, and visit the Library and the Historical Archives of the European Union. Information will also be given on possibilities for pursuing doctoral studies at the European University Institute.
In addition, you will have an opportunity to explore Florence, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. .
- Participants should be students of history, the social sciences and related fields, of any nationality.
- Participants should be graduates or students in their last year.
- Enrolment numbers are limited and admission is based on merit.
- No registration fee is requested.
- Hotel accommodation is provided in rooms shared with other participant and an allowance will be given to the selected participants during the summer school courses. Travel expenses are not paid.
- Participants must have their own medical insurance and pay any medical fees themselves.
Participants must stay in Florence for the entire duration of the course. Attendance at all lessons is obligatory.
A certificate of participation is issued at the end of the course.
Department of History and Civilization
Via Boccaccio 121 - 50133 Florence - Italy
Tel. [+39] 055 4685 541
Fax [+39] 055 4685 203
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: