Higher Education Scholarship for Kurdish Students
Every year since its Foundation in 1983, the Kurdish Institute has granted, by competition, Higher Education Scholarships intended to train Kurdish cultural and scientific educators and leaders. In this way, several hundreds of young Kurds have, to date, been able to pursue their studies thanks to these grants.
Kurdish students from Iraq have to ask scholarship only to the French consulate in Erbil or the French Embassy in Baghdad.
For the university year 2016-2017
The application files must reach the Institute before:
the date of 31 July, at latest and must include the following documents ;
- A hand written letter of application, specifying the study programme envisaged ;
- A resumé of your academic activities :
- photocopy of diploma with certified translation into English or French
- for those having a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a graduate Engineering qualification, show the subjects studied and the marks or grades obtained each year, with certified translation into English or French.
- a photocopy of an identity document (birth certificate; passport or residential permit)
Incomplete applications or those arriving after the closing date will be ignored.
MEANS OF SELECTION
A commission of eight members, composed of Kurdish teachers and research workers of Iraqi, Iranian Turkish or Syrian origin, will examine the application files. The candidates are chosen on the basis of their application file. Those already in Europe will be invited to Paris for a series of interviews on the 14 and 15 September. The final list of successful candidates will be made public on 16 September. Priority will be given to women, to the youngest candidates and to those who already have a degree and who wish to undertake doctoral studies as well as those candidates who master the Kurdish language properly.