Information on the application process
Please read the following information carefully.
Who can apply?
- New students who have applied for a study place at Heidelberg University for the 2016|2017 winter semester or those who are already enrolled
- Advanced-semester or master’s students who have applied to or are enrolled at Heidelberg University for the 2016|2017 winter semester
- Students enrolled at Heidelberg University (except for short-term students, doctoral students, students in the preliminary induction German course or the preparatory course (Studienkolleg)).
Anyone receiving aptitude or performance-based financial support of 30 euros or more per month on average cannot receive a Germany Scholarship, even if approved. You can still apply for a Germany Scholarship if you are receiving other support in the amount specified above, but if approved, you must choose one or the other. BAföG is not considered other support.
Note: New and continuing medical informatics students apply at Heilbronn University.
When can I apply?
The application period for the next funding period (2016|2017 winter semester and 2017 summer semester) is from 15 July to 31 August 2016(this applies to online applications and written applications, as well asrecords and certificates).
How do I apply?
|Step 1:||Register in the online application portal .|
|Step 2:||Complete online application and send by 31 August 2016.|
|Step 3:||Print out and sign the online application and send along with necessary records and certificates to Heidelberg University | University Administration | Division 8 | Department 8.2 | Seminarstr. 2 | 69117 Heidelberg by 31 August 2016 (the receipt stamp date applies).|
Application documents for 2016|2017 winter semester
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- For new students and undergraduate students in their second subject-related semester, the record of their university entrance qualification; foreign certificates require an official translation and conversion to the German grading system (copy of each)- if you don't have a conversion to the German grading system, please submit only your certificates incl. an official translation
- If available, the first university diploma, or if none available, a copy of a temporary certificate of the final grade. For diplomas of foreign universities, one copy each of an official translation and conversion to the German grading system (if you don't have a conversion to the German grading system, please submit only your diploma incl. an official translation)
- One copy each of verification of specially recognised activities per § 6 sentence 2, completed voluntary internships, completed professional training, course-related employment, prizes, awards, or other special family or personal circumstances to be taken into consideration in the selection process according to § 6 sentence 2
- A current enrolment certificate (2016/2017 winter semester) or a copy of the notification of admission
- For students in their third subject-related semester or higher, verification of their current grade
Usually the overall grade average is provided. The following degree programmes are excepted:
Students of human medicine in the pre-clinical stage submit evidence in the form of a qualified overall certificate including percentile ranks (Heidelberg faculty) or semester ranking (Mannheim faculty).
In the clinical stage, verification is submitted in the form of a copy of the certificate of Part One of the National Medical Licensing Exam (including results) and an overall certificate of clinical accomplishments.
Dentistry students in the pre-clinical stage submit verification in the form of a qualified overall certificate including percentile rankings and, as of the 5th semester, performance records for the Technical Propaedeutics Course and Phantom Course I of Dental Prosthetics.
In the clinical stage, verification is submitted in the form of a copy of the certificate of the preliminary exam in dentistry (including preliminary examination in the natural sciences) and certificates of clinical accomplishments.
Law students submit verification by specifying their average number of points.
The written online application documents must be received by Heidelberg University between 15 July and 31 August 2016 (date received stamp applies). If the enrolment certificate, notification of admission, first university diploma, certificate of Part One of the National Medical Licensing Exam or the performance records for the Technical Propaedeutics Course or Phantom Course I of Dental Prosthetics, or activities from the summer semester completed by 31 August 2016 are not available by the end of the application period, copies must be submitted no later than 15 October 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: