Graduate Teaching Assistantships
The School of European Culture and Languages is delighted to be able to offer up to six Graduate Teaching Assistant scholarships for new PhD students starting in the academic year 2016/17:
- The scholarships cover full home/EU fees plus a maintenance grant and a salary which will total an amount equivalent to that offered by the Research Councils for 2016
- The scholarships will be offered for one year in the first instance, renewable for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance
- Recipients will be expected to undertake four hours of teaching per week over the three years of the award.
- New doctoral students studying in the following fields are eligible to apply: Classical and Archaeological Studies, Comparative Literature, English Language and Linguistics, Modern Languages (French, German, Hispanic Studies, Italian), Philosophy and Religious Studies
- The GTA competition is open to UK, EU and overseas fee-paying students.
How to apply
- Candidates must make a formal application to study on a SECL doctoral programme, by 4 March 2016
- Candidates must also complete the SECL GTA application form by 4 March 2016
- The completed form should be sent to the SECL Postgraduate Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews are scheduled to take place during the week beginning 21 March 2016
- For full terms and conditions of the GTA awards, please see the University of Kent's scholarships webpages.
Note that these scholarships are only open to new students. Any current PhD students within SECL should check this website in June 2016 to see whether new scholarships for current students are announced.