The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HK Government ) has set up the Hong Kong Maritime and Logistics Scholarship Scheme (Scholarship) in PolyU for the academic year 2015/16 to support students enrolled on the MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics programme (Full-time Stream)*. The Scholarship aims to expand the manpower of the maritime industry in Hong Kong.
- Candidates are required to submit applications for the programme and the Scholarship through theeAdmission System.
- In this Full-time Stream, most classes are scheduled for weekday evenings.
- Full-time students should take at least 3 subjects (i.e. 9 credits) in each regular semester.
Local, Mainland China and overseas graduates wishing to enroll on the full-time stream under MScISTL programme offered by the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies of PolyU, and having met the following entrance requirements of the programme.
A Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Mainland China and Overseas Applicants
A Bachelor's degree in International Shipping or Maritime Studies or other relevant disciplines with:
- English being the Medium of Instruction; or
- English not being the Medium of Instruction, then applicants are also required to meet either one of the following requirements:
- An IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6; or
- A TOEFL Paper-based test score of at least 550, including a score of at least 4.5 in the Test of Written English; or
- A TOEFL Internet-based test score of at least 80, including a score of at least 20 in the Test of Written English.
- Graduates of the MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics have been granted full exemption from the Qualifiying Examination of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Hong Kong (CILTHK).
- Graduates of the MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics have been granted exemption on the following subjects of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS):
- Introduction to Shipping
- Legal Principles in Shipping Business
- Logistics and Multimodal Transport (as long as logistics is taken and shown on the transcript)
Student Visa, Accommodation and other Information for Non-local Students
Non-local students must obtain a valid student visa issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department before being allowed to register as students or commence study with PolyU.
Student residence in universities is in high demand in Hong Kong and, as such, our Student Halls of Residence is unable to meet the needs of all our students. Our Student Affairs Office (SAO) has gathered some information on alternative accommodation in order to offer some help to taught postgraduate students. Please visit
www.polyu.edu.hk/hall/nls/nls_sfnls.htm for details. You may also contact SAO's hotline at (852) 3159 0000 if you need further assistance on accommodation arrangements.
For information on living cost and related expenses in Hong Kong, please refer to
Application and Deadline
- The application deadline for September 2015 entry will be 30 April 2015.
- Candidates are required to submit applications for the programme and the Scholarship through theeAdmission System. Please click here to download application form for the Scholarship.
- Please go to Application for Taught Postgraduate Programmes
- There is another programme of MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics (Mixed-mode) (44087:IFM/IPM) (33 credits) also available for application. Please visit here for more details on the programme.
- Applications for the two programmes will be processed separately and the application fee is non-transferable.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Vincy Chung
Tel: (852) 2766 7409
Mr Raymond Lam
Tel: (852) 2766 5508
For information on academic matters, please contact:
Dr Venus Lun
Tel: (852) 2766 7407
Mr Owen Tang
Tel (852) 2766 4782