CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Story-telling for crowdfunding campaigns – growing sustainable small businesses
The “Support to SME development in Armenia” (SMEDA) project, in cooperation with Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy and Goldsmiths University of London, will organise a 3-day training for Armenian startups and 1- day training for marketing companies.
The training will cover the stat-up journey that businesses need to go on to successfully achieve funding, with a particular focus on gearing up for crowdfunding. It is aimed at entrepreneurs currently developing innovative products and services, ideas and solutions and will equip them with the skills and knowledge to promote, raise interest and eventually obtain investments and funding.
SMEDA is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ’s Private Sector Development in South Caucasus Programme. SMEDA is part of the EU4Business and EU4Innovation initiatives of the European Union (www.smeda.am).
Storytelling for Crowdfunding Campaigns - growing sustainable small businesses aims at improving and enhancing the capacities and skills of the selected Armenian innovative startup companies and marketing companies who work with them. The training will promote successful (international) practices, building skills and know-how on how that need to sit behind a successful crowdfunding campaign through. As well as going through the stages of creating an effective business vision and plan the course will feature practical advice on creating and using communication tools including video clips to shape a successful crowd-funding campaign.
The training encompasses also a “Training of Trainers” (ToT) activity, so that some of the participants could become local experts capable to offer support to Armenian companies for crowdfunding campaign in the future. For this, a tailored training material and a manual for future trainers will be produced and further supported by SMEDA.
The training is composed of 3 parts:
- Business planning and development for startups that will ensure they ae well placed to go for crowd funding or other forms of investment as well as practical help in developing a crowdfunding campaign
- Training on story telling for marketing companies in order to improve and/or develop their capacities on promoting/advertising and assisting startups with their crowdfunding campaigns
- Training of Trainers, incl. material for training on story telling/crowdfunding for the selected participants from the above groups (startups and marketing companies) for future training and assistance in organising crowdfunding campaigns.
Who can participate? - The competition is open to Armenian innovative startups and marketing companies who are engaged in story-telling, preparing other communication tools for crowdfunding campaigns, marketing and promotion of business ideas and products.
The main selection criteria will be:
- Innovative Startups who did or plan to implement a crowdfunding campaign
- Marketing companies engaged in promotion and marketing of business products and ideas.
- Good command of English language: speaking and writing
- Open to learning and advancing working capacities, team work and collaboration
Up to 12 startups and 5 marketing companies will receive the opportunity to participate in the training and coaching with SMEDA and the Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy and Goldsmiths University of London.
Where to apply?
All interested participants should apply by sending a Motivation Letter and a short video explaining “Why they would like to be part of this” to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is November 15th, 2017 at 18:00.
The training will take place on Dec. 5-8, 2017.