How to apply?
- The Master Mind scholarships are incorporated in the normal application scheme to obtain admission.
- Only academically admitted students will be considered. The application for academic admission should be submitted before the 1st of March according to this procedure.
- A student is not able to apply before he/she is preselected by the master programme coordinator (and, if necessary, by the International Relations Office).
About the Master Mind Scholarships
- It is estimated that 30 international students (to be divided over the different Flemish higher education institutions) will be able to benefit from a Master Mind scholarship to start their studies in the academic year 2020-2021. For Ghent University this means approximately 6 students.
- The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
- The incoming student is awarded a maximum scholarship of €8.000 per academic year.
- Ghent University will ask the applicant for a tuition fee that equals the lowest rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student who receives a study grant from the Flemish Government. The rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is €111,9. This rate may increase slightly from year to year.
Main eligibility criteria
- All new international students who have been (academically) admitted to start any of the university’s master programmes (including advanced masters) in the academic year 2020-2021 are eligible.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential (a GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 and good knowledge of the English language).
Selection procedure and timeline
- A student is not able to apply directly, it is the master programme coordinator who proposes a maximum of 3 applicants (motivation + ranking in case of several candidates). The International Relations Office will screen all files and submits a shortlist of maximum 20 students by the 30th of April to the Flemish Government who will make the final decision.
- Shortlisted students will be contacted by the university’s International Office by mid- April with the necessary information to complete their online Master Mind scholarship application in the Mobility Online tool.
- The final selection results will be announced by the selection committee of the Flemish Government in June 2020.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: