The GIGA Doctoral Programme invites applications from prospective doctoral students to join the programme on 1 October 2016. We strongly welcome international applications. The application deadline is on 1 March 2016.
Successful applicants are offered:
- full integration into the research structure of the GIGA,
- a comprehensive training programme with a focus on the GIGA’s unique CAS approach,
- academic exchanges and opportunities for field work,
- exposure to policy advice activities,
- access to all courses by the Graduate School of the WiSo-Faculty at the University of Hamburg, and
- the possibility to apply for additional mobility grants for field work and conference attendance.
Doctoral degrees will be awarded by one of our partner universities, dependent upon the affiliation of the student’s first supervisor. Selected students can apply for a waiver of administrative fees incurred at German universities from which they will receive their degrees.
All applications need to include at least the following documents:
- GIGA DP Application Form
- letter of motivation
- research proposal of 2000 words max.
- academic writing sample
- curriculum vitae
- simple copies of degrees and academic transcripts (BA, Diploma, MA)
- proof of English language skills
- statement about intended funding for the duration of three years.
Additional documents depend on the respective Call for Applications.
The final admission to the programme is dependent upon the applicant’s ability to provide proof of funding by the starting date (1 October 2016).
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: