Generation Google Scholarship
At Google, we believe information should be universally accessible. Our education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2017-2018 school year. As part of the scholarship, current high school seniors who are entering their first year of university in 2017-2018 will be required to attend Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) in the summer of 2017. Current undergraduate or graduate students will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2017.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the US or Canada for the 2017-2018 school year
- Be pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
- Exhibit a strong record of academic achievement
- Be a student from an underrepresented group in computer science (African American, Hispanic, American Indian, or Filipino/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander). Students with disabilities should apply to the Google Lime Scholarship
Terms and Conditions
The Generation Google Scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students' classes at their primary university. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the 2017-2018 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award. Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google. Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships. Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: