About MEPI Student Leaders Program
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016
The MEPI Student Leaders Program is a fully-funded six-week intensive leadership training program in the United States for undergraduate students from across the Middle East and North Africa. The program runs from June 25 - August 5, 2017, and consists of two key components: a five-week academic residency at a selected U.S. academic institution and a one-week study tour designed to complement and reinforce the concepts explored in the academic residency. MEPI Student Leaders is designed for emerging leaders who demonstrate a commitment to civic engagement in their own communities upon completion of the program. The program consists of hands-on leadership training workshops, academic sessions on topics including conflict resolution, social and political change management, and the role of civil society in the democratic process, site visits, community service projects, optional home stays and other opportunities for interaction with Americans peers.
- Palestinian citizens, living and attending university in the West Bank, Jerusalem or Gaza. Note that applicants should be residing in one of these three areas at the time of application submission and during the interview process.
Are 20 to 24 years of age;
- Demonstrate strong English language skills needed for participation in a U.S. academic program;
- Are committed to returning to their home country/community following completion of the program;
Demonstrate strong leadership potential and a commitment to civic engagement; Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- Have a sustained high level of academic achievement;
Have no prior travel experience in the United States and limited to no study or travel experience outside their home country;
- Are willing and able to participate fully in intensive academic, community service, and educational travel activities;
- Are comfortable with campus life, sharing living accommodations while traveling with a multinational group of participants from the Middle East and North Africa and with U.S. citizens, and making adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home countries/communities; and
- Are comfortable spending part of Ramadan and Eid in the United States. U.S. passport and L.P.R. (green card) holders are ineligible to apply.
The MEPI Student Leaders Program application is available online at the "Further official information" link below this announcement.
Jerusalem and West Bank Applicants: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-622-7161 for more information.
Gaza Applicants: Please send an email to GazaExchanges@gmail.com or call 08-286-4623 for more information.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: