Chevening Scholarship 2018/2019
SCHOLARSHIP TYPE: One-year taught master’s degree
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country (Armenia is Chevening-eligible country);
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended;
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK;
- Have at least two years of work experience;
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong);
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty's Government (including British Embassies/ High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities;
(Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7 November 2017
For more information and to apply please press Further official information below this announcement.