Fulbright Master's Degree Program
Selection preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent U.S. experience. Candidate will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, martial status, status as a parent, or sexual orientation. Applications from qualified candidates beyond major cities on Java (e.g.: eastern Indonesia) are particularly welcome
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not a permanent resident or citizen of the U.S., or be currently living in the U.S.
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- A good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, her or his chosen field of study
- Demonstrate that she/he can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the United States
- No to be an employee or a close family member or dependent of an employee of AMINEF, the U.S. Embassy, or the U.S. Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of the Fulbright scholarship application
- Not be intending to pursue another similar program for a double degree
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
- Be willing to work for his/her home institution for at least 5 yeard before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program
The grant is to pursue a master's degree in the U/S/ for 1 - 2 years in any field except medical sciences.
Hold a Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale)
- A minimum ITP TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS equivalent. Please note that TOEFL prediction or TOEFL-like score cannot be accepted.
Fulbright grants may be used for study or research in most disciplines and fields of study with the exception of medicine related to patient care or clinical patient contact. Proposals in humanities, arts, and social sciences, and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and health are equally welcome. Applications in STEM fields are encouraged that focus on environmental preservation, alternative energy exploration, or climate change mitigation.
At the time of application to AMINEF, only an Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL or IELTS score is required. If you are later selected for an award, you must then take the official iBT TOEFL test, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for all fields except law and business, or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) for business administration, finance, and accounting.
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from scholarship recipient's home city to the host institution in the U/S
- Funding for tuition and fees, living, and related costs
- Accident and health insurance coverage per U.S Government guidelines
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: