Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Information for Applicants
- Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships are available for outstanding international and Australian students who wish to study towards the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at one of the following Western Australian universities:
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Murdoch University
- Notre Dame University (Fremantle Campus)
- The University of Western Australia
- Applicants for the Scholarships must have applied for enrolment in a PhD degree at one of the universities listed above, but not have already enrolled.
- An applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of First Class Honours standard or equivalent and have:
- Applied for an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent at the enrolling university;
- Applied for an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) or equivalent at the enrolling university if they are an international student
Applicants are encouraged to contact the enrolling university to confirm scholarship closing dates and application procedures.
- Applicants must be intending to reside at St George’s College for the duration of the scholarship (exceptions may be considered).
A complete application includes the following materials:
- Completed Application Form;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Short essay of no more than 1,000 words which provides an explanation of the applicant’s desire to study at their nominated university, the plan of study, details of the research group, intended supervisors and future career plans. It must also address the following selection criteria regarding the applicant’s:
- academic achievements (with a bachelor’s degree of First Class Honours standard or equivalent);
- exceptional ability, resourcefulness and originality;
- potential to make a positive difference to the world; and
- demonstration of how the award would help build world-class innovation and research capacity in Western Australia;
- Copies of all academic transcripts;
- Contact details for four referees (2 academic and 2 personal);
- Copies of birth certificate or passport;
- Proof of English language proficiency;
- Photograph (passport style).
These materials can be submitted electronically as part of your application.
Applications are open from Monday 24 August until Friday 30 October 2015.