Flinders University Student Access Scholarships
Opening Date: 23-12-2015
Closing Date: 09-03-2016
The University has established the Flinders University Student Access Scholarships to provide financial support to first year students. These scholarships will:
- support students from low-SES backgrounds to begin their University studies
- assist students from regional/rural areas to transition to Flinders University and Adelaide
- support TAFE SA and VET students to begin their University studies
In 2016 there will be 150 Student Access Scholarships of which up to 10 Student Access Scholarships will be available to students who have gained admission to their course on the basis of VET qualification.
Subject to the availability of funds, scholarships will be available for the first year of study at Flinders University and will be worth $5,000.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Australian citizens; and
- commencing an undergraduate degree with Flinders University in 2016; and
- enrolled full-time at Flinders University; and
- eligible for or in receipt of, a Commonwealth Income Support payment, or;
- be from a regional or rural location in Australia and be able to demonstrate financial hardship; and
- seeking or have gained admission to their course on the basis of their ATAR (inclusive of RISAS and SEAS bonus points); or
- seeking or have gained admission to their course on the basis of VET qualification (Certificate III or higher).
- Applicants applying on the basis of financial hardship will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of this. This can be done uploading a recent Centrelink (or DVA) Income Statement which shows you are currently in receipts of government means tested benefits. See the list of approved benefits at http://www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships/how-to-apply/undergraduate-scholarship-applications.cfm.
- Students applying on the basis of rural or regional residency will need to upload a statement indicating their home address(es) for the last two years.
- Students applying for the VET Entry subquota will need to upload a brief personal statement of no more than 500 words describing their career goals and their reasons for undertaking undergraduate study.
- View rules for this scholarship scheme.
Scholarship Type: undergraduate, financial, commencing, Indigenous students, regional/remote/rural students,
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: