Scholarships for Master’s students in Finnish
CIMO awards scholarships to students of Finnish language and culture at universities outside Finland for advanced Master’s studies in Finnish universities or to collect material in Finland for their Master’s thesis in their home university.
The scholarship is intended for a maximum of one term and the amount is 800 €/month. CIMO does not award a separate travel grant.
How to apply for a scholarship?
You can apply for a scholarship twice a year:
- by 30 April for the autumn term
- by 31 October for the spring term.
You can access the application form through the below link. You need to name the host department of the Finnish university and a person to contact there.
Annexes to application
- a summary of studies completed
- study/research plan (the most important annex)
- reference from your Finnish teacher in your university, with assessment on your Finnish language skills
- an acceptance letter from the host university
The application should be sent to the below address:
CIMO/Suomen kielen opiskelijat -apuraha
In case the application should not arrive on time, it is recommended to send it by e-mail, too, to riitta.uotila-kataja(at)cimo.fi.
Decisions on the scholarships for the autumn term are made in May and for the spring term in November.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: