The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for strategic planning, science and technology policy research, program conceptualization and design, impact assessment, and organizational development. The position requires quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting skills. The incumbent will have an understanding of hard and soft sciences, higher education, funding and investments, as well as of market drivers and policy interventions in science, technology, and innovation processes. Additional competencies include knowledge of statistical analysis software.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. She/he will be able to lead and implement projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail. In this position the candidate will recommend actions based on the gathered data/facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent will carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses will be used to assist the organization in planning and decision making.
- Develop research protocol while utilizing best practices in research design, data collection and data analysis;
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts;
- Do formative evaluation, ex ante and ex post impact assessment in the fields of science, technology, and innovation;
- Conduct data collection, database creation, sophisticated data analysis;
- Conduct monitoring and impact evaluation, strategic planning, and STI policy research;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, dashboards and Business Intelligence reports, other articles, reports and presentations;
- Prepare materials for senior management review;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in STEM or Social Sciences with strong quantitative background (PhD is preferred);
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, run mathematical models;
- General knowledge of the main fields and subfields of STEM;
- At least two years of recent experience in an applied research/data management environment;
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge is required;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports is required;
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team;
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position “Senior Research Analyst” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: