Facebook Fellowship Program for PhD Students
The Fellowship Program is open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area. The Fellowship term extends for 2 academic years.
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year(s) 2016-2017 and 2017-2018
- $37,000 yearly grant
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present your research
- Opportunity for paid internship
Fellowship Research Areas
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Vision
- Data Mining
- Distributed Systems, Networking & Operating Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking & Operating Systems
- Programming Languages & Compilers
- Security & Privacy
- Social Computing
- Software Engineering
- Speech Technologies
Required application materials:
- Research Summary
1-2 page research summary, which clearly identifies the area of focus and applicability of anticipated research to Facebook.
- Resume or CV
- Two letters of recommendation (Please provide addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
Applications open on Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 00:00 PST.
Completed applications are due by Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 12:00 PST.
(Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: