European Organization for Nuclear Research Studentships in Summer for Non Member State Nationals
How do you plan to spend your summer? How does getting involved in some of the world’s biggest experiments sound? This is more than summer work. It’s the chance to join CERN in Geneva – getting involved in the day-to-day work of our multicultural teams. Attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer like nowhere else on Earth.
- You are a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey)
- You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) in either physics, computing or engineering and you are at least in your third year.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2016, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Trainee, Technical Student, User...) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Information on special arrangements for students from USA, Japan and Canada may be found by following the links below:
- The information pages for nationals of the United States of America(link is external) show how you can join in CERN's Summer Student Program with funding from the National Science Foundation. For more information contact Junjie Zhu(link sends e-mail) at The University of Michigan.
- Thanks to the funding of Japan(link is external), Japanese students will be able to apply once the national selection has been done.
- The information pages for nationals of Canada(link is external) show how you can join in CERN’s Summer Student Program with funding from the national authorities (version francaise(link is external)).
- Travel allowance
- 8 weeks
- Choice of dates of stay to be indicated in application
- Health Insurance Scheme (for those students with CERN contracts)
- 40 hours/week
- During July & August you may attend lectures from 09:00-12:30 each day (6 weeks)
- Report to be written by the end of stay
- The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt which contains a link. You must forward this link to your two referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter. In order to be considered for the programme we need to receive TWO RECENT REFERENCE LETTERS, a RECENT ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT and a CV in English or French.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed their application before the deadline will pass to the next step of the selection process. The final selection results will be communicated to the candidates at the end of April.
Login or register to apply now!
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: