European Maritime Safety Agency Traineeships Program
The European Maritime Safety Agency offers traineeships for a period of at least 3 months and at most 5 months. The traineeship program aims to provide trainees with work experience in the field of maritime safety legislation, response to pollution at sea and cooperation among member states in safety at sea matters. Inservice training enables trainees to acquire practical experience by means of their work and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their academic studies or professional careers. Detailed information related to the activities and structure of the European Maritime Safety Agency can be found by visiting the EMSA website at http://www.emsa.europa.eu.
From the publication of this call, EMSA envisages to select four trainees. The starting date of the traineeships is 1 st October 2016 and finishing date is 28 February 2017. More information about the selection procedure as well as the rights and duties of the trainees can be found in the Decision N˚2007/030 of the Executive Director relating to the rules governing the traineeship scheme of EMSA. The trainees will be awarded a monthly grant of € 888.94 and a travel allowance as indicated in the above mentioned decision. The trainees will be assigned to work for the following Units complying with a diploma of relevant studies and competence.
1. Traineeship Positions
o Unit A.1.3 ‘Events and Missions Support’
Technical and logistical support to events organised by EMSA and processing of missions reimbursements and reimbursements to participants/experts.
- Following up on the incomplete expert reimbursement requests;
- Giving general logistical support as to the preparation of the Conference Centre and meeting rooms;
- Welcoming and registering the participants, distributing, copying and collecting reimbursement documents, accompanying participants to the meeting room;
- Assisting the other sectors of the Unit when needed.
Diploma required: Degree in Tourism, Events, Hotel Management.
o Unit B.3.3 ‘Ship Inspection Support’
Responsible for the development, hosting and maintenance of tools to support the enforcement and monitoring of relevant EU legislation and Ship Inspection activities, such as THETIS, THETIS-EU, THTISMRV, RuleCheck, and MaKCs, the Agency’s eLearning platform. B.3.3 is also responsible for the analysis and dissemination of safety and environment related information on ships and their operations, using inhouse tools as available, and the production of objective, reliable and relevant statistics and trend analysis for the benefit of the Agency, the Commission, the Member States and the maritime community more in general. It also hosts the Management Unit of Equasis and ensures its daily running.
- Analysing data retrieved from various modules of THETIS using the Jaspersoft BI tool;
- Analysing data retrieved from Equasis using the Jaspersoft BI tool;
- Producing templates for statistics retrieved from various modules of THETIS and Equasis;
- Providing support in the maintenance and enhancement of the Jaspersoft BI tool in relation to the THETIS application and its modules.
Diploma required: Degree in statistics, or applied mathematics or computer science or business Intelligence.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their application by registered mail to the following address:
EMSA - European Maritime Safety Agency
Praça Europa 4
Application must include the documents below:
1) Application Form;
2) Copy of the University Diploma.
The closing date for application for the traineeship program is 31 May 2016. Please note that only complete applications submitted by registered mail and within the deadline will be considered.
For any prior enquiry, please refer to the FAQ (Frequently asked questions) section, or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org