EDF and Oracle offer a scholarship of 8.000 EUR to a student with disability of a high education programme studying in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the academic year of 2016-2017.
Improved accessibility and usability of many ICT products and services can increase the inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities in society. Accessible websites, media formats and assistive technology can support persons with disabilities to take up employment, be involved in their community and become active citizens. Innovation is a key element to further develop new ways to enhance access to ICT for persons with disabilities.
EDF and Oracle e-Accessibility Scholarship was launched for the first time last year collecting several innovative projects. The winner from last year was Caroline Hurley, a computer science major at Open University in the United Kingdom. Caroline’s project is to develop a mobile application to seamlessly connect persons with disabilities with caregivers, interpreters and assistants.
Who Can Apply
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a European Union (EU) citizen and resident within the EU.
- Be enrolled at a university in the EU for the academic year of 2016-2017, including online universities based in the EU.
- Be studying in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience or related field.
- Maintain a strong academic record.
- Have a disability (see Frequently Asked Questions below for definition of disability).
Applicants will be asked to submit via email and in accessible formats:
- General background information (eg contact information and details about their current and intended universities for the 2016-2017 school year).
- Proof of disability.
- Executive summary of their project proposal in English from 2 to 5 pages.
- Academic transcripts reached so far from your current and prior institutions (if they have earned a prior degree).
- Recommendation and feedback letter from an academic supervisor.
Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com with subject line: ‘EDF-Oracle Scholarship’.
The deadline is 15 September 2016.
For more information please click on the "Further official information" link below.