Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme / ETH-D Scholarship
ETH Zurich supports excellent Master's students with two scholarship programmes:
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The ETH-D Scholarship contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
There is only one application process for both Master scholarship programmes.
- very good result in Bachelor’s degree programme (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree programme = grade A)
- Reachability under the specified telephone number (The selection process includes a (Skype) interview in February)
Application documents for ESOP and ETH-D Scholarship
- Application form (PDF, 232 KB)
- ESOP letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Pre-proposal for your Master's thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 70 KB))
- Two reference letters from professors
Reference letters must be submitted with the Master application online.
ETH students continuing a consequtive Master programme add the reference letters in closed envelopes to their ESOP application.
All information provided in the application must be complete, correct and handled in by time (15 December). The pre-proposal for the Master's thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or - if discovered later - to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If you are applying for more than one Master’s programme, please submit a separate application form for each degree programme.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.