IDPM student funding opportunities
The Institute of Development Policy and Management (IDPM) is a top destination for postgraduate students and offers an array of funding opportunities, including strategic use of our own resources.
Equity and merit scholarships for study by distance learning
We are pleased to offer scholarships for the following online masters to applicants from Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda:
Scholarships cover all tuition fees, course materials and examinations.
The scholarships are aimed at academically excellent young professionals with at least two years' post-graduation work experience who would not otherwise have the opportunity to study for a UK qualification. You should meet all the following criteria:
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania, Uganda or Rwanda and have not previously studied abroad;
- hold a First or Upper Second class degree;
- have a minimum of two years' relevant work experience;
- have a clear idea how studying for an online masters would benefit both your career and the development of your home country;
- have achieved a grade C in English Language at Tanzania or Uganda Certificate of Secondary Education level or have a minimum IELTS result of 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other subscores (please note that a certificate of proficiency from a local universitycannot be considered as evidence of your level of English language proficiency).
How to apply
Applications will open on 24 August 2015. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12am GMT on 26 September.
You do not need an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. Please don’t apply online for academic admission.
Stay up to date
Get the latest updates and announcements by checking our Equity and Merit Facebook page.
IDPM development leadership scholarships
This scholarship programme has now closed for entry in 2015. More information about the scholarships for entry in September 2016 will be available on this webpage in early 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: