Adequate availability of clean water is indispensable for food supply and health and hence key for the development of societies worldwide. However, pressure on water resources is increasing due to fast demographic and socioeconomic growth and unsustainable water uses.
The concept of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) combined with current climate change adaptation best practices offers solutions to deal with these challenges by assessing and managing this precious resource in space and time considering other related sectors.
Worldwide, there is a high and growing demand for experts adequately trained on the concepts of IWRM. Next to technical and managerial knowledge, they should also be familiar with the practices of project funding and international cooperation. The objective of the rogram is to capacitate such experts in the field of of IWRM and related concepts and methods. The progrom targets graduated professionals with working experience in public or private institutions, authorities and enterprises of the water sector. The applicants should be active in or dealing with water or natural resources management and have an interest in learning and working in an intercultural and multidisciplinary environment.
In order to apply for the MSc course, you need to:
- hold a university degree (Bachelor degree) related to engineering, natural sciences, geography, agricultural or social sciences
- have an academic or professional background related to environmental or resources management
- be fluent in English (TOEFL: min. 550 points, or equivalent)
- Prove a relation to the natural resources management through the previous studies of minimum 15 ECTS
- describe your motivation to study this MSc course on one page (in English)
- hand in a research idea on two pages (in English)
Total cost of the MSc course (including 1 semester in Germany): ca 112.500.000 VND (~ € 4500)
DAAD scholarships are granted to outstanding Vietnamese students and to foreign students who come to Vietnam to take part in the course
Scholarships from DAAD and CNRD (Centers for Natural Resources and Development) are available for all students to study one exchange semester in Germany. Other scholarship might be available on request.
- Application period: from December 15th to June 30th each year
- Screening application: until March 30th
- Final deadline: May 30th each year
- Course starts at the beginning of September each year
- Please download the application form from the homepage here, fill it out and send it back to us
To apply press "Further Official Information" below.