About the Fund
The "Edith Saurer Fund for sponsoring projects in the field of historical research" was founded and provided with funds by the late University Professor Edith Saurer from the University of Vienna, who passed away in 2011. Each year since 2013 one or several applicants have been granted a research grant from € 5.000,- to € 20.000,-.
The call for applications is addressed to Austrian and international post doc scholars.
The grant will be awarded to research projects focusing on the following criteria:
- Investigating social inequality in contexts with issues of gender, social class, lifestyle, ethnicity and religious affiliations
- Primary focus on Europe from the early modern period to the 20th century
- Comparative and international studies
The research grant will be awarded for still ongoing projects, which means, the submitted work may not yet be concluded. The research grant is project specific.
After registration on the website and filling out the application form, all applicants can upload one (single) file (MS-Word or PDF) with their surname and given name as filename. The following information has to be included in the file:
- Title, description and methodology of the scientific project (approx. 20 pages) and information on preliminary studies, including a list of references and a work schedule;
- specifications on previous grants and scholarships from other institutions and
- 3) a CV with all the applicants relevant personal and professional data including the academic degree (Ph.D.).
Management Edith Saurer Fund for sponsoring projects in the field of historical research
T: +43 (0)1 501 65 – 2333; Mail: edithsaurerfonds(at)akwien.at
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.