Merit International Scholarship
The Merit International Scholarship is offered to international students who can demonstrate high levels of academic achievement and English competency in their previous studies. The scholarship offers a 10% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU. To be eligible you will need to pre-apply for the scholarship before applying for your course.
At a glance
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
- In order to apply for this scholarship, you must not have a course application in the ECU system.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student who can demonstrate a high level of academic performance in prior studies and a high level of English competency;
- be commencing study at ECU in the next intake;
- meet ECU’s English and academic direct entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- not have a pending course application with ECU;
- be an International student and not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study an undergraduate degree or postgraduate coursework degree; and
- study on-campus or online.
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship you will need to meet the following ongoing conditions:
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- Pre-approved scholarship applicants must apply and accept their course offer within the time periods specified by ECU (if the course offer is not accepted within the stipulated deadline the scholarship offer will lapse).
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must be reasonably available to support ECU’s marketing and communications endeavours through attendance at key marketing events nominated by ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU based on the information submitted by the student in the Scholarship Pre-Approval form and in their course application. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: