UNFPA-EBCOG Professional Development Scholarship
- As a result of the collaboration between UNFPA Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (EECARO) and the European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (EBCOG) we are offering an annual Award of the value of 4,000 Euros, as a contribution towards the expenses of visiting a specialised centre which offers knowledge and skills to advance quality improvement in sexual and reproductive health in this Region.
- The host centre will be nominated by EBCOG through one of its European member societies and associated Subspecialist Societies and Professional Associations.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants must be health professionals who are resident and working in Eastern European (excluding those of the European Union) and Central Asian Countries (EECA Region) involved in the development and/or implementation of the policies and programmes in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH)
- The eligible countries/territories are those covered by the UNFPA Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECARO) and are as follows:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, Serbia, Tajikistan, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan, as well as Kosovo.
The Purpose of the Award:
- This Award is a collaborative venture between the two international organisations of UNFPA and EBCOG, aiming primarily to advance the quality improvement process in the recipient country, in the field of maternity and sexual and reproductive health (SRH)
- The Award should facilitate the processes of knowledge sharing, skill acquisition and knowledge transfer
- The Award should allow networking and the development of future collaboration between countries in the Region and beyond
What are the Eligible Topics?
- Eligible topics are those relevant to quality improvement in maternity and sexual and reproductive health which have been currently identified as the UNFPA priorities
- The current UNFPA priorities for scholarships in the Region are those of maternal health and family planning
- Proposals from applicants will be assessed on the basis of their values, feasibility, their anticipated impact on quality improvement in the above-mentioned areas, in having an objective measurable outcome (s) and their sustainability
How do I Apply?
- Ensure that you are eligible and that your proposal meets the objectives of this award as outlined above
- Ensure you have carefully read this guidance and the application form, before completing and signing your application
- Ensure that you have attached the required documentation including the proposal, your CV and the supporting statement from your employer and the two other organisations as stated in the application forms
- EBCOG’s policy is to support national professional societies. It will be preferable if one of the supporting statements is from the recognised national professional society/association in your country
- The application form can be downloaded from: ebcog.eu/awards/and should be emailed to the EBCOG Chief Administrator: email@example.com
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- All documents should be written in English
- Candidates should print out the application form, complete it and scan it along with the supporting documents for submission
When Will I be informed of the Result of my Application?
- The successful applicant will be notified in September 2016
- The notification will also include the name of the centre nominated by EBCOG for your visit
- The successful applicant will be notified by email and a confirmation of receipt of the email and of acceptance of the Award will be required from them within 5 days
What will the Award Cover?
- The Award’s value is of a maximum of € 4,000 (or equivalent)
- This Award will be a contribution to towards travel expenses from the home country to the host country, reasonable accommodation ( in standard and number of days), cost of living and reasonable other incidental expenses during the visit
- The award will also cover costs related to participation at the joint UNFPA-EBCOG Session at the next EBCOG Congress at which the award holder will be expected to present his/her project . This will include the cost of an economy class return flight , maximum 2 nights accommodation and reasonable subsistence allowance
- Refund of any expenses will require receipts
- Any additional expenses should be covered by the award-holder or his/her own organisation
- The EBCOG-Congress registration fee will be waived by EBCOG
What are my Commitments Should I be Successful in my Application?
- The Award should be utilised within three months of the date of conferral. We reserve the right to withdraw it should the applicant fail to complete his/her mission within these three months
- The Award holder is require to provide a written report on his/her mission, in English, within 28 days of completion of their visit
- The host centre will be required to report on the Award holder’s engagement during their visit
- The Award holder will be required to submit t a supplementary report 6 months later to provide feedback on the results of their Award’s results, its outcomes and an update on the implementation within their own country
- The Award holder will commit to present their project at the UNFPA-EBCOG session at the next EBCOG Congress.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: