East Tennessee State University International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU. The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master's degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU;however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
When to Apply
Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
Fall semester deadline: no later than July 15th
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 15th
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student's scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor's to a master's degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor's degree program to a second ETSU bachelor's degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
For questions contact Ben Shupe: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Services
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA