Doctoral grants area of Machine/deep learning, language technology, computer vision for enriching heritage collections
The Departments of Literature and Linguistics (Faculty of Arts and Philosophy) of the University of Antwerp and the Montefiore Institute (Faculty of Applied Sciences) of the University of Liège are seeking to fill two full-time (100%) vacancies for
Doctoral Grants in the area of machine/deep learning, language technology, and/or computer vision for enriching heritage collections
The two positions are available within the framework of the INSIGHT (Intelligent Neural Systems as InteGrated Heritage Tools) project, funded by the Belgian Science Policy Office. This project unites academic partners from Liège and Antwerp with stakeholders from the heritage sector (Royal Museums of Fine Arts / Art and History, Brussels). The project focuses on multimodal applications of “deep” representation learning to enrich and improve access to heritage collections and push boundaries in computational art history.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment. One PhD student is expected to be mainly located in Antwerp and the other one in Liège, with exchange stays planned between the two Universities. Double doctoral degrees will be envisaged;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications should be submitted by 15 September 2017 by email (to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) and should include a copy of your CV, a cover letter and, if available, a research paper / MA thesis and a link to the candidate’s portfolio page, with code samples, on a site such a GitHub.
- For application or questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Mike Kestemont, email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.