The IMPRS-RECHARGE invites and welcomes applications for a position as a doctoral fellow. Admitted fellows will receive financial aid for their research. All fellows will have to sign up or be signed up as doctoral candidates in one of the participating universities and will receive their degrees from these.
A successful candidate must
- hold or be about to receive a Master's degree in a relevant subject from a research-oriented institution of higher education
- have outstanding academic performance (rank at or near top of class)
- have excellent oral and written English language skills
- show aptitude for independent, creative work
- have performed research and published (or submitted for publication) the results
The application must be supported by
- a personal statement (not more than 500 words) explaining the candidate's motivation and reasons for pursuing a PhD at the International Max Planck Research School on Reactive Structure Analysis for Chemical Reactions, whereby the candidate may state his/her or research group
- a CV
- school leaving certificate
- a Bachelor's and Master's certificate (or equivalent) incl. academic transcripts
- an abstract of the Master's thesis (If you have not submitted the thesis yet, please inform us when you will submit it to your supervisors and tell us their e-mail addresses.)
- at least two names and email addresses of professors or similar willing to give reference for the candidate (please contact your professors in advance and let them know that we will contact them to ask for the letters of recommendation) (please note that only official, as opposed to private, e-mail addresses will be accepted)
- submission of TOEFL scores, TSE scores or the Cambridge Certificate is strongly encouraged but not compulsory (please note that English language certificates might be required for enrolment at the respective university)
Please combine all these documents (in correct order), including your personal statement, into a single pdf file. Send this pdf together with the filled-out 'candidate questionnaire' (as a seperate pdf-document) listed below to the coordinator.*
*Please be aware that the administration of the IMPRS Recharge will just accept those applicantions that fulfill all the requirements listed above.
There is no application fee.
Mrs. Rita Groever, M.A. imprs(at)cec.mpg.de
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: