These grants are for structural and cell biologists who want to use cryo-electron microscopy equipment in their research.
Scheme at a Glance
Career stage: Intermediate, Senior
Where your host organisation is based: UK
Type of researcher: Basic
Level of funding: £500,000 to £4 million
Duration of funding: Up to 5 years
Who can apply
You can apply for a Cryo-Electron Microscopy Equipment Grant if you, and any coapplicants, have:
- An academic or research post (or the equivalent).
- A track record in getting grant funding.
- A salary already in place for the duration of the award period. Any coapplicants who don’t have salary support for the duration of the grant are eligible to apply if they have at least one year’s personal salary support at the proposed start date of the grant.
You must submit your application by 17:00 (GMT/BST) on the deadline day. We don't accept late applications.
Application deadline: 17 October 2016
Committee review: December 2016
Stages of Application
- Contact Tom Collins at email@example.com to discuss:
- your research plans
- why you need cryo-electron microscopy equipment
- how your proposal could fit into a national strategy for the provision of cryo-electron microscopy.
- Submit your application
Applications are by invitation only.
- Scientific review
The Cryo-Electron Microscopy Equipment Committee will review your full application.
We aim to notify you of our decision within four weeks of the committee meeting.
For more details please click on the "Further official information" link below.