A dynamic new programme created especially for senior international cultural leaders working in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Australia, the UK and Europe.
This is dynamic new programme created specifically for senior cultural sector leaders working in diverse international locations (Asia, Africa, the Americas, Australia and Europe as well as the UK). Providing stimulation, provocation and access to the leadership of a range of London’s world-class cultural institutions, Leading culture brings a timely, bespoke opportunity to think afresh with an international peer group, and to challenge and be challenged on issues of leadership, resilience, creative risk and business innovation.
Over recent years, King’s College London has developed its position at the interface between the needs of the cultural sector and the evidence, insight and academic analysis that can support cultural organisations in achieving their strategic aims and ambitions. Leading culture builds on this strength, harnessing excellence, innovation and distinctiveness - using the visceral intelligence that forms through industry-centred models of good practice to juxtapose cutting edge theoretical frameworks with dynamic thought leadership.
This dynamic learning opportunity will equip you to
- refresh your learning and boost your professional business acumen
- grapple with the challenges of leading contemporary cultural practice and create solutions that are innovative, bespoke and sustainable
- review and reflect (independently & in peer learning format) upon the vision, innovation and resilience of your particular practice, organisation and/or sector
- be stimulated (and challenged) by new and thought-provoking encounters
- sharpen the tools for an enhanced and purposeful leadership of culture within a 21st Century context.
Leading culture sees a distinctive collaboration between the university’s high calibre academics and respected industry professionals from key cultural organisations, creating an intensive and immersive learning opportunity at the heart of one of the world’s most dynamic cultural cities.
We are delighted to confirm Historic Royal Palaces (Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle) as our priority sector partner for the programme. The course will therefore include a live case study day, on-site at the Tower of London.
Leading Culture draws directly on the creative pulse of London’s cultural offer to stimulate:
- Global perspectives on local challenges
- International perspectives on cultural policy and practice
- Industry-centred learning including an on-site opportunity to encounter and address the challenges of a leading cultural institution
- Policy review and analysis
- A high calibre peer network of senior cultural leaders from international cultural organisations across the world.
Who is the course for?
Senior professionals, executives and managers with over ten years sector and 3 years senior management experience in the arts, heritage, culture, cultural education and creative sectors across the world, seeking a high-level, contemporary professional development opportunity.
Register your interest/request a copy of the programme: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of Professional Bursaries will be awarded for high-performing individuals, please request more information and an application form at email@example.com.
For more official information click "Further official information" below.