PhD fellowship in Business and Development
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a PhD fellowship in ‘Business and Development’ at the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC).
Examples of research areas that the PhD project may cover:
- Entrepreneurship, management and innovation in developing countries and emerging economies; the role of local and foreign firms in promoting sustainable development
- Sustainability governance in developing countries and emerging economies; global value chains and sustainability; multi-level impacts (micro-meso-macro) of governance and their interactions
- Business, humanitarian interventions and human rights in developing countries and emerging economies; critical approaches to the business of development and to business activities in a developmental context
Multi-disciplinary by design, MSC leverages the synergies of its faculty to explore the conditions and practices of responsible management, organisation and governance in a globalising world, sharing a particular concern with culture, communication and context as lenses to understand the interaction and interdependencies of business and society.
MSC is a significant supplier of research based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
- Responsible Management, Leadership and Governance
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context)
- Organisational Communication (corporate communication, strategic communication, leadership communication, marketing communication, international business communication) and Media Studies
The Department will give priority to applicants with high grades from their universities.
The three-year PhD programme at CBS allows you to conduct research under the supervision of CBS professors, supported by research training courses. The programme is highly international, and you are expected to participate in international research conferences and to spend time abroad as a visiting PhD student.
CBS PhD graduates are held in high esteem not only in academia and research institutions but also in government and business where their research qualifications are increasingly demanded. One third of CBS PhD graduates go on to employment outside universities and public research institutions.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Dorte Salskov-Iversen, e-mail email@example.com.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent of ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 27.363 up to DKK 33.045 depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totaling 17,1 %.
The salary level and appointment is determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
To be considered, the candidate should have basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process).
An educational background in the social sciences is necessary.
The applicant must have successfully completed the Masters degree before commencing PhD at CBS.
Applicants must have achieved the equivalent grade of ten (10) or higher on the Danish 7-point grading scale for their master’s thesis.
The minimum grade point average of 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading scale must have been achieved for the bachelor's degree and the master's degree combined.
The applicant must be fluent in English.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: