The 2017 ISHPES Congress will be held at Tolip Hotel Alexandria under the patronage of the Faculty of Physical Education for Girls at Alexandria University, the Ministry of Higher Education, and the Ministry of Sports.
CONGRESS TOPICS & SUBTOPICS
The aim of the 18th ISHPES Congress is to provide a forum for the latest research, findings and experiences from the vast field of sport history.
The Congress topic THE TRANSFORMATION OF SPORT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY THROUGH TIME: JOURNEYS IN HISTORY is broad and general, allowing every sport historian - academicians, independent researchers, lecturers, PE teachers, coaches and others, as well as graduate and postgraduate students and experts from cognate and adjacent scientific fields from all over the world to participate.
- Globalization and glocalization of sport and physical activity
- Traditional festivals, sporting activities and folk dances
- The history of Physical Education and sports in schools, colleges and universities
- Gender and sports
- Biographical approaches to sporting legacies
- History of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- History of sports in the Middle East
- Methodological aspects of sport history
- Open paper
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
1. Abstract submission is exclusively online via the ISHPES Conference Submission Page on the official website - see "Further Official Information".
2. The online form will invite you to inform the following points :
- A. Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses.
- B. The paper’s title followed by a 350 words (maximum) abstract of the proposed paper. The abstract should include the question(s) addressed in the paper, the evidence to be used, a precise statement of the argument and conclusions, and what significance the paper has to our understanding of sports history.
- C. Please specify also to what sub-theme your abstract is related.
3. All abstracts will be assessed by two members of the scientific committee.
The official language of the congress is English.
Presenters need to be an ISHPES member to present a paper, and a person can only present one paper as first author. Join ISHPES now.on the official website - see "Further Official Information".
Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only.
- Abstract submission opening: September 1, 2016
- Abstract submission closing: November 3, 2016
- Authors to be notified: December 1, 2016
Maureen Smith (USA, head)
Annette R. Hofmann (Germany)
Gerald Gems (USA)
Keiko Ikeda (Japan)
Leena Laine (Finland)
Malcolm MacLean (Great Britain)
Gertrud Pfister (Denmark)
Maha Saeed (Egypt)
Patricia Vertinsky (Canada)