The 2017 ISHPES Congress will be held at Tolip Hotel Alexandria under the patronage of the Faculty of Physical Education for Girls at Alexandria University, the Ministry of Higher Education, and the Ministry of Sports.
CONGRESS TOPICS & SUBTOPICS
The aim of the 18th ISHPES Congress is to provide a forum for the latest research, findings and experiences from the vast field of sport history.
The Congress topic THE TRANSFORMATION OF SPORT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY THROUGH TIME: JOURNEYS IN HISTORY is broad and general, allowing every sport historian - academicians, independent researchers, lecturers, PE teachers, coaches and others, as well as graduate and postgraduate students and experts from cognate and adjacent scientific fields from all over the world to participate.
- Globalization and glocalization of sport and physical activity
- Traditional festivals, sporting activities and folk dances
- The history of Physical Education and sports in schools, colleges and universities
- Gender and sports
- Biographical approaches to sporting legacies
- History of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- History of sports in the Middle East
- Methodological aspects of sport history
- Open paper
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite you to submit abstracts within the announced topic and subtopics of the Conference. Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only. You have to be a paid up ISHPES member to present.
Any submitted paper or abstract will be internationally reviewed and evaluated in order to decide on its acceptance. Nevertheless, the submitting authors are responsible for the statements and views expressed in their works, as well as for the editing style and quality of language. The official language of the Congress is English. Only the accepted abstracts will be included in the Scientific Program and printed in the Book of Abstracts provided that the submitting author (the first author) has paid the fee. Each participant can only be listed once as the first author.
All abstracts must fit within the allotted size requirement to be considered for review. The abstract must be 350 words or less including title, names of the author(s) and affiliation(s).
Early Career Scholars are eligible for:
- 2017 GIGLIOLA GORI EARLY CAREER SCHOLAR AWARD
- GERD VON DER LIPPE EARLY CAREER SCHOLAR FUND
- ROUTLEDGE EARLY CAREER SCHOLAR PRESENTATION AWARD
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
1. Abstract submission is exclusively online via the ISHPES Conference Submission Page on the official website - see "Further Official Information".
2. The online form will invite you to inform the following points :
- A. Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses.
- B. The paper’s title followed by a 350 words (maximum) abstract of the proposed paper. The abstract should include the question(s) addressed in the paper, the evidence to be used, a precise statement of the argument and conclusions, and what significance the paper has to our understanding of sports history.
- C. Please specify also to what sub-theme your abstract is related.
3. All abstracts will be assessed by two members of the scientific committee.
The official language of the congress is English.
Presenters need to be an ISHPES member to present a paper, and a person can only present one paper as first author. Join ISHPES now.on the official website - see "Further Official Information".
Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only.
- Abstract submission opening: September 1, 2016
- Abstract submission closing: November 3, 2016
- Authors to be notified: December 1, 2016
Maureen Smith (USA, head)
Annette R. Hofmann (Germany)
Gerald Gems (USA)
Keiko Ikeda (Japan)
Leena Laine (Finland)
Malcolm MacLean (Great Britain)
Gertrud Pfister (Denmark)
Maha Saeed (Egypt)
Patricia Vertinsky (Canada)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: