All theoretical frameworks and methodologies are welcomed. We kindly invite contributions applying all kinds of high quality, empirical, in-depth analysis of the sport’s politics and policies approaching the broad variety of aspects including (but not limited to):
• Sport regulating bodies on an national and international level
• Sporting events and identity building
• Health promotion and sport
• Political contexts of sport mega events
• Professional and recreational sport as a tool of social inclusion
• Sport for development and peace
• Political engagement of sport fandom
• Sport stars as politicians and policy-makers
• Sport as a topic in electoral campaigns
• Sport organizing bodies and democracy
• Progressive agenda and sport: counteracting sexism and homophobia
• Human rights and contemporary sport
• Economic and political contexts of sport
• Sport as a tool for international diplomacy
• Recreational sport and health policy
• Open papers
We invite abstracts in English or Polish!
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
Professor John Horne (University of Central Lancashire, United Kingdom)
Professor Honorata Jakubowska (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland)
Professor Krzysztof T. Konecki (University of Łódź, Poland)
Abstract/ workshop proposals submissions (up to 500 words) – 15 April 2017. Notification of acceptance – 30 April 2017.
Deadline for submitting full papers/ extended abstracts – 31 July 2017. For every paper we will allocate discussant who will provide a commentary about the paper. We invite abstracts in English and Polish. Conference fee (includes registration, refreshments & lunches): 50 Euro.
University of Łódź, Institute of Sociology
Medical University of Łódź, Chair of Humanities & Sociology of Sport Section of Polish Sociological Association
Jacek Burski, MA, University of Łódź
Alaksandra Leszczyńska, MA, University of Łódź
Jakub Niedbalski, PhD, University of Łódź
Jakub Ryszard Stempień, PhD, Medical University of Łódź
Wojciech Woźniak, PhD, University of Łódź
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: