About the Conference
The Byzantine National Committee of Armenia with the Mesrop Mashtots Institute of Ancient Manuscripts – Matenadaranare pleased to announce the International Conference dedicated to the historical province of Tayk’: “Historical Tayk’. History, Culture, Confession”.
The Conference will be held on 22-24 June 2016 in Yerevan. On June 25-27 a post-conference excursion to the Armenian-Chalcedonian monuments of the Historical Tayk’ is foreseen.
The conference aims to discuss the following themes:
• Tayk’ at the Ancient period
• Tayk’ at the period of Mamikonians and Bagratuni
• Tayk’, Iberia and Byzantium
• The Culture and Architecture of Tayk’
• The Armenian-Chalcedonian monuments of Tayk’
• The Ethnic and Confessional structure of Tayk’ of the Modern Times.
• The History of research of Tayk’ and its culture
Working languages of the conference are: Armenian, Russian, English and French. The Conference proceedings will be published. There will be an additional announcement concerning the expenses of accommodation. There is no participant fee. Abstracts about 250-500 words should be sent before 25 January 2016 to the following e-mails: