The 5th Annual Meetings of the ARMENIAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION will be jointly hosted by Yerevan State University, the Central Bank of Armenia and the American University of Armenia on 19-21 June, 2015.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars, researchers, and students to promote the exchange of ideas and advance economics scholarship.
Scholars, researchers, and graduate students, are invited to present their research in all areas of economics and finance. Papers may address growth and development issues in Armenia and the South-Caucasus, the emerging financial crisis in the region, regional trade patterns, trends in labor markets and migration, or any other topic representing current advances in economics and finance. Both theoretical and empirical works are welcome. The language of the conference is Armenian and English, and sessions will be organized by language and JEL fields:
- Microeconomics; Industry Studies
- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- International Economics; Trade
- Financial Economics; Finance
- Public Economics, Political Economy
- Labor and Demographic Economics
- Growth, Development, and Transition Economics
- Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- Armen Hovakimian, Baruch College CUNY
- David Dole, Asian Development Bank
Travel Grants: Courtesy of GIZ, a limited number of travel grants of up to 500/1000 Euros (less taxes and fees) for presenters from Europe/North America is now available (reimbursed after the conference).
Best Paper Awards: Best scholarly papers, will be awarded with prizes according to the following two categories:
- Grigor Artzruni award for young scholars
- Armen Alchian award for papers of general interest
Submissions: Submitted abstracts should be less than 500 words and include: title of paper, name(s) of author(s), affiliation, current position, an email address, at least one keyword. In the abstract, please identify the research question, methods, and outcomes (obtained or expected). The submission of complete sessions with 3-4 papers is also welcome, and highly encouraged. Authors will be informed of the acceptance of their proposals by mid-May. There is no submission fee nor any cost to present and participate.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: