China Scholarship Council / University of Sussex Joint Scholarships
The University of Sussex and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) are delighted to offer up to 10 three-year joint scholarships for outsanding PhD students and visiting scholars (for up to 12 months) from China.
Under the Sussex/CSC Joint Scholarship Scheme, Sussex will cover tuition fees and bench fees and the CSC will provide a living allowance.
Sussex will cover full tuition fees / bench fees, CSC will provide a living allowance
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the award:
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set by the CSC
- Applicants must commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom in September 2017 or January 2018.
- Applicants must be citizens of the People's Republic of China at the time of application, and either permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Applicants must be classified as an international fee paying Chinese student
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies
- Applicants must meet the University's IELTS English Language Requirements
- Arts, humanities and social sciences applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2017 or January 2018, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and a masters degree.
Science and engineering applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2017 or January 2018, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and preferably a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a masters degree.
The application procedure has yet to be finalised but will be based on the following:
1. Applicants must apply online for a place to study at the University of Sussex
2. Applicants must complete a separate Sussex on-line scholarship application and provide the following documentation:
- Research proposal
- Two references
3. Applicants must complete a separate CSC online application.
The exact application deadlines have yet to be confirmed but the timetable will be broadly as follows:
Mid- January 2017: Applications to the University of Sussex need to be made
Late- January 2017: Applicants to submit their CSC / University of Sussex joint scholarship online application
Mid- March 2017: Applicants will be notified of the outcome regarding their application
Please note that applicants who are successful with their application to the University of Sussex for a CSC scholarship will also need to complete the CSC application form, which is available online (usualy in March).
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: