China Pharmaceutical University 2017 Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (CGS-CUP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in building international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand. Entrusted by MOE, China Pharmaceutical University recruits international graduate students supported by CGS-CUP across the world.
ⅠBasic Information and Duration of the Scholarships
1. Coverage of the scholarship:
● Tuition waiver;
● Accommodation: free university dormitory; CPU will accommodate scholarship students in university dormitory (usually twin room)
● Stipend: master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive stipend from their CPU month by month.
Students registering before the 15th of the month (the 15th included) will receive full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half stipend of that month.
If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council: http://en.csc.edu.cn
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Scholarship
Master's Degree Students
3 academic years
Doctoral Degree Students
3 academic years
Note: In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
Ⅱ Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and in good health.
2.Applicants are not studying in Chinese universities.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master's degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
III Choices of Specialties
China Pharmaceutical University offers 37 master's degree programs and 24 doctoral programs. For more specific information, please check the List of programs on our website. (international.cpu.edu.cn)
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package the relevant recommendation letters written by those supervisors.
IV Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (print and sign the form after submitting application online)
2. Photocopy of the passport;
3. The notarized photocopy highest diploma and transcripts. If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide Certificate of Enrollment or Employment accordingly. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;
4. Chinese Language test report (HSK) for Chinese-taught programs and English language test report e.g. IELTS or TOEFL for English-taught programs;
5. A study or research proposal (written in Chinese or English and no less than 800 words);
6. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors in Chinese or English (professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter);
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
Upon completion of online application, applicants should submit or send the above materials to the Section of International Students of China Pharmaceutical University before April 15, 2017. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: